Thursday, February 17, 2011

Day (or Night) Off

Spent some time tonight looking at contemporary Japanese ceramics as part of vague, long-term planning for next year's NCECA (National Council on Education for the Ceramic Arts) Conference in Seattle in March, 2012.  Museums up and down Puget Sound will host ceramic exhibits and most of Seattle's downtown galleries will give over their spaces to ceramic arts as well.  Planning and gallery exhibit selection is officially in the very capable lap Marjorie Levy, co-chair of NCECA Seattle.  It will be a fun departure and discovery for me since my knowledge of ceramic arts starts and stops with the pinched clay bunnies I made when I was 6 and the plate I made at the PLU ceramics studio with my aunt back when she was a ceramics major in 1974ish, right Barb?

Anyway I stumbled onto a nice set of links to graduating class exhibits at Musashino Art University in Tokyo.  The work below was maybe my favorite.  Ceramic feathers by Eriko Ueda.

Ceramic Feathers by Eriko Ueda

No comments:

Post a Comment