Thursday, March 3, 2011

Mugi Takei "I Waited A Long Time For You" Opens Tonight

We have been busy, busy installing over 120 drawings by Seattle artist, Mugi Takei, and re-purposing the closet as a screening room for her stop motion animations, which together make up the new exhibit, "I Waited A Long Time For You": Drawings by Mugi Takei, running March 3 - April 16, 2011.  The opening reception tonight, March 3rd, is from 6 to 8 pm. 

Richard Heisler, another Cullom Gallery artist, so very kindly came in yesterday and filmed some of the installation and put Mugi and me in front of the camera, then distilled it all into this short film, which gets nicely at the content and tone of the show, I think.  I am Richard's beta lab gallery as he considers making a side enterprise out of shooting films like this for gallery marketing.  More on that to come.

The web exhibit for this show will launch in stages as I do not have enough room on my current website to show all 120+ drawings at once.  The first installment will launch tonight at 6 pm at cullomgallery.com.  I hope many of you will be able to see this amazing group of drawings in person this spring.  I am very pleased and proud to be representing this talented artist!


Mugi Takei - "I Waited A Long Time For You" at Cullom Gallery March 2011 from Gallery Videos on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment